Our love of animals extends far beyond the normal Dogs and cats that make up the bulk of our furry friends. With interest in large animals and our farm roots firmly established we thought it time to turn our attention to our "other" furry (or not so furry) friends. Mexico Animal Hospital now happily accepts and treats many animals that within our small community may be labeled as exotics. Listed below are some of our interests. Don't see your pet? Don't hesitate to call our office and ask!
- Rodents and "pocket type" pets -Chinchillas-Rabbits-Rats-Mice-Guinea Pigs-Gerbils-Tarantulas-Hermit Crabs
- Reptiles-Non-Venomous snakes-Non-Venomous Lizards-Turtles
- Furry Creatures-Ferrets- other *Licensed* animals like Mink -Foxes-Skunks-Large Cats
- Fish-Salt and freshwater aquariums-ornamental (Koi) ponds ,hatcheries.
- Honey Bees-hive consultation and health, swarm collection and removal
- PLEASE NOTE** We legally cannot see any animal that has been caught, trapped or otherwise removed from the wild even in an emergency situation (shot, hit by car etc). It can be very dangerous to handle wildlife as they can spread diseases that are potentially life threatening. We cannot give advice on care over the phone. If an animal is deemed "wild" and correct license cannot be provided we must contact the Missouri Department of Conservation, so it is best to resist temptation and leave these animals in their environment. As hard as it may be, let nature take it's course.
- We also cannot see Primates, Prairie Dogs or Armadillos (with or without License).